All participants are to read and agreed to the following terms and conditions;
- I acknowledge that competing in a physical activity involves the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, course and weather conditions and other causes.
- I understand that I should not compete or participate in this event unless I have trained appropriately and physical condition is suitable for the effort that I wish to put in. Should I have any medical or physical conditions, I have clearance from a Medical Doctor to participate in this type of activity and I accept the risk of competing / participating, despite these conditions.
- By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation, which could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with conduct of the event from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include the Charters Towers Regional Council and its respective directors, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for this event or any part of it conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever and promoters, sponsors and event organisers. This release and indemnity forever binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the event organisers think desirable during and after the event.
- I consent to event organisers using my name, image and likeness before, during and after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
- I understand that compulsory insurance cover affected for participants in this event may not cover me for any or all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
- Safety precautions undertaken by organisers, such as race and safety briefings, are a service to me and other competitors / participants but are no guarantee of safety.
- I understand that there are no road closures for this event and that route choice and activities undertaken are chosen at my own risk.
- I understand that Road rules must be followed at all times. Private property is out of bounds.
- I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
- I agree to abide by all race rules and directions issued by the event organiser
- I certify that I am 18 years or older or my registration has been completed by a parent or guardian over 18 years old.
Email addresses of participants will be included in the Newsletter mailing list for Totally Tropical Orienteering Club, if you do not consent to this please email email@example.com requesting to removed from this list.