Helpful Information For Sunday!!
Free Breakfast: 7:30am – 8:20am
Briefing: 8:30am (MANDATORY At The Showgrounds – start location)
Finish: 1:00pm Presentations: 2:00pm
*Listen to live music, participate in free activities (including a water slide) and chat whilst results are calculated – Thanks to Charters Towers Regional Council)*
WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT THE START OF TOWERS RUSH?
- When you arrive at The Showgrounds, proceed to the Registrations tent (will be a big orange tent).
- Let the registration people know the name your team is registered under (Team Captain or Team Name)
- Your team will be given an indemnity form to sign (all competitors over 18 must sign this form).
- You will then hand this form in, and received your Towers Rush Clue sheet
- At 8:30am event day there will be a briefing to explain the rules and safety information
- At 8:50am event day you will be given your Towers Rush map
- You will have 10 minutes to look over the map and use the Clue sheet to work out your team strategy for maximum fun (and points).
- At 9:00am the rush will start and you can proceed to find checkpoints.
TIPS & REMINDERS
Are you in the correct category? Remember we have corporate & school categories available, we can change your category if you want, just let us know.
What do I bring?
There are water challenges so make sure clothing is suitable to get wet and the potential to get dirty. Sunscreen, hat, and water are essentials! Remember to have at least 1 phone to call HQ in an emergency & don’t forget your mascot!!
One Toy character team mascot per team! (ether teddy bear, figurine or similar idea… be creative – to be in your photos)
Bike teams be sure to bring your bike locks with you and to use them. Bike teams can use the bus, however, bikes cannot go on the bus so be sure to lock them up.
Remember to get the whole team dressed up, the best-dressed team will win a prize!
- There is a strict 4hr time limit for the events based on what time they actually start, so bring a stopwatch so you can milk every last minute of that time limit to find checkpoints and challenges
- Every minute or part thereof that you are late will incur a loss of points (eg 10 seconds is a part of a minute, one minute and ten seconds is 2 parts of and will incur negative points)
- Do not use a phone or other device to look for a way around the course, nor can you search any such devices to answer the clues
- Guessing an answer will result in negative points if that answer is wrong
- Colouring in all answers will receive a negative score for each answer which means you will potentially get negative points in your final score.
- You may not share answers with other teams, you must attend the checkpoint yourself and the answer is simply a control measure to prove you were there.
- There are 3 Categories to get around the course BY FOOT, BY BIKE OR BY VEHICLE, the purpose of the different modes of transport is that there are varying degrees of fitness and some people will really want to get all the activities in but not up for running everywhere BUT each category will not compete against each other, merely in their own classes.
- BY FOOT competitors You must Walk, Jog, Run or Bus your way around the course (kids can use scooters or bikes to keep up with jogging adults but must stay with the team and under the guidance of adults)
- If you decide to pull out of the event part way through you must inform race HQ of your decision to prevent us from sending out emergency services and search parties to find you
- This is for groups representing their school – teachers and students
- Can use car, bike or may use the bus
- This is for groups representing businesses
- Can use car, bike or foot
We can’t wait to see you,
Towers Rush Team
If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0447 496 489