Charters Towers Regional Council proudly presents, Towers Adventure Series
This weekend is Abseil,Zipline and Mountain Bike & Registrations are NOW OPEN !
The Towers Adventure Series will feature a number of outdoor activities designed to encourage our local community to be more physically active and to lead healthy lifestyles whilst exploring the great outdoors… this is perfect to get you moving NOW!
REGISTRATIONS OPEN FOR THIS WEEKENDS 3 Activities below– lock them in your diary now & register now
Abseiling – Saturday, 19 May: 2pm – 5pm REGISTER NOW
Location: Westons Transport Depot ,3 Norman Dungavell Drive QLD 4820
- Take part in the plunge that is guaranteed to get your heart rate pumping.
Zip Lining – Sunday, 20 May: 8am – 11am REGISTER NOW
Location: Echo Hole off Big Bend Rd (Park at Adventurethon Flag/Sign and follow our markers by foot to top of cliff or until you see instructors):
- Feel the breeze in your hair as you fly across the embankment while suspended from above…Options to splash into the water below
Mountain Biking – Sunday, 20 May: 2pm – 5pm REGISTER NOW
Location: Big Bend, via Big Bend Rd (Park at Adventurethon Flag/ Sign and follow our markers until you see instructors)
- Either BYO Bike OR limited amount of hire bikes
- Get ready to get dirty while you explore the environs on wheels
- A Quick skills session before a fun ride exploring some of the Big Bend
- Group will split to cater for various abilities
What’s Next??? Lock the below activities into your Diary, then keep your eyes peeled for your chance to register (Limited spots first in first served)
High Ropes – Saturday, 9 June: 2pm – 5pm
- Feel the exhilaration as you choose your steps carefully and try to keep your balance mid-air.
Paddling – Sunday, 10 June: 8am – 11am
- Discover the natural beauty of the region while you glide along the meandering Burdekin River.
Trail Run / Walk – Sunday, 10 June: 2pm – 5pm
- Dust off your running shoes and enjoy the great outdoors on trails less trekked.
Orienteering – Sunday, 17 June: 2pm – 5pm
- A challenging new adventure awaits as you navigate your way on foot from point to point across the diverse terrain surrounding Towers Hill, relying solely on your map and compass reading skills to reach your final destination.
Multi-sport Race – Towers Adventurethon – Sunday, 24 June: 8am – 11am
- Put all your newly found skills and confidence to the test in the inaugural Towers Adventurethon Sprint event. Pit your skills against the terrain and even other competitors and conquer the course!
Ride to School Day (3 x Dates to be Confirmed)
- Strap your helmets on, get your friends together and join captain Active for a morning of fun and laughter as you ride to school.
For more information please call:
Luke – 0407 171 164 or Joel – 0447 496 489
Or follow us on Facebook “towers rush”