Charters Towers Regional Council proudly presents, Towers Adventure Series
The Towers Adventure Series will feature a number of outdoor activities designed to encourage our local community to be more physically active and to lead healthy lifestyles whilst exploring the great outdoors… this is perfect to get you moving NOW! No need to wait for the Towers Rush event later this year.
REGISTRATIONS OPEN FOR THIS WEEK & Weekend
Ride to School Days Details as per below (3 x Dates for different schools) (arrive at or Just before 7am)
- Strap your helmets on, get your friends together and join captain Active for a morning of fun and laughter as you ride to school (all ages welcome, more bikes the merrier) parents are welcome to ride with smaller kids)
- Tues 12 June
- Richmond Hill and All Souls
- Meet/start at Airport carpark
- Wed 13 June
- Millchester and Central
- Meet/start at Mosman Park
- Thurs 14 June
- Columba and Blackheath Thornburgh
- Meet/start at carpark at 180 Mosman St
- Each event specifics:
- 7am – 7:30am free fruit and meet Captain Active
- 7:30am compulsory safety and police briefing
- All courses approximately 3km ride
- All participants need to be riding a bike and wearing a bike helmet
- A Police escort will lead each ride
Orienteering – Sunday, 17 June: 2pm – 5pm
- A challenging new adventure awaits as you navigate your way on foot from point to point across the diverse terrain surrounding Towers Hill, relying solely on your map and compass reading skills to reach your final destination.
Multi-sport Race – Towers Adventurethon – Sunday, 24 June: 8am – 11am
- Put all your newly found skills and confidence to the test in the inaugural Towers Adventurethon Sprint event.
- Take the Challenge over the great terrain, not too serious or competitive, its all about getting out into nature and enjoying the company of others.
- Can be Done in a tag team or Solo
- Hire Kayaks Available
MORE INFO HERE- https://adventurethon.com.au/events/charters-towers/
For more information please call:
Luke – 0407 171 164 or Joel – 0447 496 489
Or follow us on Facebook “towers rush”
please also follow @charterstowersregionalcouncil
PREVIOUS EVENTS (COMPLETED)
Abseiling – Saturday, 19 May: 2pm – 5pm
Location: Westons Transport Depot, 3 Norman Dungavell Drive QLD 4820
- Take part in the plunge that is guaranteed to get your heart rate pumping.
Zip Lining – Sunday, 20 May: 8am – 11am
Location: Echo Hole off Big Bend Rd (Park at Adventurethon Flag/Sign and follow our markers by foot to top of cliff or until you see instructors):
- Feel the breeze in your hair as you fly across the embankment while suspended from above…Options to splash into the water below
Mountain Biking – Sunday, 20 May: 2pm – 5pm
Location: Big Bend, via Big Bend Rd (Park at Adventurethon Flag/ Sign and follow our markers until you see instructors)
- Either BYO Bike OR limited amount of hire bikes
- Get ready to get dirty while you explore the environs on wheels
- A Quick skills session before a fun ride exploring some of the Big Bend
- Group will split to cater for various abilities
High Ropes – Saturday, 9 June: 2pm – 5pm
- Feel the exhilaration as you choose your steps carefully and try to keep your balance mid-air.
Paddling – Sunday, 10 June: 8am – 11am
- Discover the natural beauty of the region while you glide along the meandering Burdekin River.
Trail Run / Walk – Sunday, 10 June: 2pm – 5pm
- Don’t bother dusting off your running shoes (as they will just get more dusty anyway) lets enjoy the great outdoors on terrain less trekked.